Friday, June 27, 2008

And then she huffed and she puffed...

Had a good day showing Dad around NOLA. Over the last two days with him I've tried to explain exactly how Katrina KOed NOLA. Despite hearing a fantastic lecture by my geography professor, I had a harder time remembering all of the almost elegant steps in the storm and flooding. After googling the timeline I found this absolutely amazing animation from the New Orleans Times-Picayune website. It's fascinating to watch the chain of events which formed a perfect storm. I've placed the link in the sidebar and here is a link:

http://www.nola.com/katrina/graphics/flashflood.swf

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am writing merely to interject some random crap from you while trying hard to hide from my family.

That's an awesome timeline.

Hi to your pappa!